Almost all occupations involve some risk but there are those that are just far more dangerous than others. The most hazardous jobs include working in a construction site, being a logger, miner or firefighter and those are just to mention a few.
The truth can not be concealed that these jobs really are dangerous and yet, if it is your calling, then all you can do is gear yourself up with the right techniques and insurances on how to stay safe at work.
This blog will focus on techniques and we will do another one on insurance and contracts soon.
- Go through ample training: Hazardous jobs always require proper training… be it in the field of mining, construction of firefighting. It may take months, even years before you get proper certification or even to become qualified. Do not undermine the importance of training because your safety greatly depends on it. It’s not just enough to finish the course or program. You have to know all standard operating procedures by heart too.
- Hard hat zones: There is a reason why some areas at work are particularly labelled as hard hat zones. It means you definitely need to wear your hard hat and not let your hardhead traits take over.
- Safety gear: When you work in factories which involve use of chemicals or simply in an environment where there could be hazardous elements, there is usually a standard set of gear which include overalls, masks, goggles or gloves. Make sure you are wearing everything before you proceed with your job.
- Dealing with heavy weight: Knowing how your body functions is important too. This is imperative if you need to lift heavy objects. Do not put pressure solely on your upper body. Learn the technique on how to utilise the power from your hips and thighs so you don’t end up injuring your arms or back.
- Prepared mind and body: It is important to go to work with perfectly conditioned mind and body. Start with doing regular exercise so you have the physical strength required. Sufficient sleep is important too because it allows you to have better concentration. Being absent-minded at work could lead to serious injuries.
- Right diet: Start each day with the right breakfast and stick to a healthy diet. Avoid alcoholic beverages and other vices too so your body is always in its tip top shape.
We hope you found these tips useful. Until next week!